UPDATE FEBRUARY 2023 – WE ARE INVESTING IN SOLAR POWER TO LOWER OUR CARBON FOOTPRINT. READ MORE HERE
Responsible, sustainable and ethical
Wrights Plastics take our commitment to the environment and ethical trading seriously and practically so our partners can have complete peace of mind when working with us.
Empowering sustainable and ethical supply chains
Our membership of Sedex confirms our commitment to ethical supply chains, and has been recognised by an increasing number of clients in the retail sector. Working across four key areas SEDEX works to improve practices in the following areas:
- Labour market
- Health and Safety
- The Environment
- Business ethics
We can be assured that our supply partners adhere to the highest ethical standards – and our clients’ can too!
A commitment to quality
Our customer-focussed quality management has been recognised by our ISO 9001 Certification. Receiving such certification requires a demonstration of our commitment to excellence. We provide the resources to make ensure our systems are monitored, reviewed and updated regularly. Download a copy of our Quality Policy Wrights Plastics New Quality Policy – signed
Carbon Neutral Despatch
Our chosen logistics partner is DPD. They recognise CO2 reduction is the greatest challenge the company faces, as well as its best opportunity to make a difference and their ‘Total Zero’ commitment – introduced in July 2012 – ensures that every parcel sent via its network will be carbon neutral. We welcome their positive commitment to the environment.
All of our sheet materials arrive with polythene protection film this is a necessary requirement to protect our materials through production and enables us to deliver out goods in pristine condition.
Our ambitious targets for sustainable, ethical and responsible trading
When it comes to recycling plastics the UK is behind most of Europe. Our specially commissioned White Paper explored the European picture and reveals that progress is being made but there is still plenty to be done, especially here in the UK where two-thirds of plastic waste still goes to landfill. Our own environmental journey was inspired by a Marks and Spencer conference.
Notable achievements to date include:
- Improved segregation and recycling of waste within the business resulting in 30 tonnes of waste has been diverted from landfill in the past three years.
- Recycled foam now used in a number of products and specified wherever possible. 100% recycled material now used for products supplied to Land Rover
- Installation of new energy efficient production equipment and lighting that will reduce the emission of CO2 by 17 tonnes per annum.
- 40 tonnes of scrap material sent for recycling in the past year – mostly Acrylic but also includes HDPE / ABS / PETG / Styrene / Nylon
– and we have set ambitious targets that provide a model for similar organisations.
Please take time to read the attached White Paper Recycling Plastics.