A recent report has highlighted the continued growth of rapid prototyping services. The rapid plastic prototype has been a significant part of the growth of prototyping services.
The reports states
Thanks to technological advancements, the rapid prototyping industry has seen stunning amounts of growth over the last ten years. This booming market is worth millions of dollars and is responsible for a major revolution in the way that associated manufacturers design and create new parts.
The growth in prototyping services market supports material suppliers, manufacturers and distributors, and the engineers and designers who rely on these products. Rapid prototyping technologies include 3D printing, CNC machining, and other on-demand manufacturing methods.
- The rapid prototyping market has had an average yearly growth of 27% since 2015.
- The 2020 value of the U.S. rapid prototyping market is estimated at $309.9 million.
- The global rapid prototyping market is expected to be worth $2.6 billion by 2025.
- The thermoplastic market segment is the most popular, with both SLS and SLA rapid prototyping seeing regular orders from all sectors.
- The industries most likely to make use of rapid prototyping services include healthcare, transportation, consumer goods, and manufacturing.
The report continues
These statistics represent a major shift in the way that engineers design and test new products. From individual models to batches of as-needed parts, rapid prototyping has made quick and cost-effective manufacturing a reality for nearly every commercial field.
Market Segments for Prototyping Services
Nearly every manufacturing industry has benefited from rapid prototyping technology. However, a few specific market segments have come to rely on rapid manufacturing as a regular part of their design and production process.
- Healthcare: The healthcare industry continues to dominate the rapid prototyping market.
- Manufacturing and Construction: The ability to design custom parts on an as-needed basis has been a great boon to engineers in all industries. A rapid plastic prototype can be used to create unique parts that fit perfectly and which can be ordered in small batches with fast delivery times.
- Consumer Goods and Electronics: From toys to tools to cases, the rapid prototyping industry has become one of the primary sources of consumer-ready plastic parts.
- Transportation: The advantages of rapid prototyping have not been lost on the automotive industry.
- Aerospace and Defence: The aerospace and defence industries have greatly benefited from the unique properties of 3D printing and other on-demand manufacturing methods such as CNC routing. In particular, the focus on durable yet flexible materials has resulted in the creation of innovative designs that are suited for a variety of extreme applications.
Wrights Plastics continues to expand our rapid prototyping services to meet demand from many sectors.